Read more about the Cape Town Declaration on Responsible Tourism.
Morgan Kunda Lodges follows the guidelines as set out in the declaration:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts,
- employs local staff, enhances wellbeing of local communities and improves working conditions,
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes,
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage,
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues,
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts and builds local pride and confidence.
Mr Adama Bah is an associate of Morgan Kunda Lodges, you can read more about his work here.